My Photo
Name:
Location: San Francisco, Northern Cali

GYPSY: (noun) One inclined to a nomadic, unconventional way of life. The first time I traveled alone I was 4. My mom pinned a note to my dress then put me on a plane from Atlanta to L.A. to visit my dad for the summer. That must have marked the beginning of my insatiable wanderlust because I can't seem to get enough of running away from home. In the mean time, I've spent my life between a career in the media and years in the hospitality industry. My independence has kept me single but that's a part of life when your first love is travel. I've been robbed in Australia and slept on a park bench in Amsterdam, but at the end of the day, I was on the road and that's where I'm most at home.

Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Blahhhhg...


This is going to be one of those mundane filler blogs, because I am trying to blog everyday, to stay in blogging shape for when things actually get interesting. Suffice to say, I am still working my little arse off, had a relatively good day for a Tuesday lunch shift, made a few bucks and ended up talking to a dude who is VP of Clear Channel. He was trying to suck me back into radio. He knows all about me, it's crazy. Dear God, don't let an offer come up right before I flee to Europe. No! No~ Nooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Starting my Italian course this week. Also running the Rez a lot...and, going for my eye exam Friday, so no more dorky specs, and hello contacts!


Had a pretty good weekend money-wise, as I said I won the Cakebread Chard contest and still have yet to see the booty, although Rod did give me a $100 bill. Did a catering gig on Saturday night and dropped a few cards and a hint about organizing trips to Italy. Then, after I went to the Magnani/Wrenn compound and saw a bunch of CC Times Features peeps and got newly inspired to keep writing while I travel. Lynn Carey is convinced I am going to marry a gondolier and then write a novel based on the gondo memoirs. We'll see. Remember Lynn, they are not just Venetian, they are Italian...and therefore the world's biggest scoundrels. ( I am pictured here with Lynn...)


So, here I am, less than 3 months from leaving and I still want to leave now. I would, but there is Burning Man and money to save. I can't believe there is so much to do before I go! Tomorrow for the 4th, we are having a BBQ at work...the restaurant is closed so we can just hang out with eachother for a while...without working!!! Am going with Heather and Kris Peterson and will see Mel and John Phillips alon withg lots of drunk Danvillians making complete wankers of themselves. (Lame cougar-types as well! AACK!)


We start the Rombauer contest tonight. Wish me luck and come visit... Ciao!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where are you?. It's been too long.

October 09, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home