My Photo
Name:
Location: San Francisco, Northern Cali

GYPSY: (noun) One inclined to a nomadic, unconventional way of life. The first time I traveled alone I was 4. My mom pinned a note to my dress then put me on a plane from Atlanta to L.A. to visit my dad for the summer. That must have marked the beginning of my insatiable wanderlust because I can't seem to get enough of running away from home. In the mean time, I've spent my life between a career in the media and years in the hospitality industry. My independence has kept me single but that's a part of life when your first love is travel. I've been robbed in Australia and slept on a park bench in Amsterdam, but at the end of the day, I was on the road and that's where I'm most at home.

Sunday, December 31, 2006

MERRY NEW YEAR!!!

Hope this finds you all well and looking forward to a new and wonderful year. For me, 2006 has to go down as one of, if not THE BEST year of my life. I met so many amazing, beautiful people and wandered through incredible cities and countries. I can't believe it's coming to a close...I have to admit I'm a bit sad and have been melancholy the last couple of weeks...BUT! I am looking forward to spending every waking hour trying to create ways to get back out there! Right now, I am just trying to make money to get back on my feet and next week I am going to look for a second restaurant job to get this process rolling ASAP.

I had a meeting with a mentor last week, Dennis Eroken...who is an amazing entreprenuer and friend. www.e-agency.com and he was kind enough to listen to my babble about starting my own tour company and shed light on my ideas so I am going to get started right away. The start up cost is pretty minimal, I figure with $15,000 maximum, I can pay for my tour management course, buy a new laptop, market myself and get back to Europe for a test-run. There are tons of grants out there, which I will look into, but until a windfall blows in my direction, I will be plugging along, saving my tips and working to get the capital I need. Just in case there are any eccentrics out there with money to donate, well I won't say no. Anyone? Retired travelers perhaps? No shame here, folks. Just asking.

I am also looking into other tour companies to work for, but the course is first...won't even know what to put on a resume at this point. "LOVE TO TRAVEL...HIRE ME." Probably not.

So, off to work at the P and P tonight. I actually like it there, very nice and pretty easy. Housesitting next week as well until the 12th of January. Will flood the East Bay restaurant scene with my resume and hope for the best.

Feliz Nuevo Ano everyone. Be safe and sane and above all...GO SOMEWHERE THIS YEAR! It just might change your life...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home