My Photo
Name:
Location: San Francisco, Northern Cali

GYPSY: (noun) One inclined to a nomadic, unconventional way of life. The first time I traveled alone I was 4. My mom pinned a note to my dress then put me on a plane from Atlanta to L.A. to visit my dad for the summer. That must have marked the beginning of my insatiable wanderlust because I can't seem to get enough of running away from home. In the mean time, I've spent my life between a career in the media and years in the hospitality industry. My independence has kept me single but that's a part of life when your first love is travel. I've been robbed in Australia and slept on a park bench in Amsterdam, but at the end of the day, I was on the road and that's where I'm most at home.

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Running Towards the Burn...


Just a quick update, as usual not much to report...plugging along with 46 more days until I stop working two jobs and hit the Playa with Lori and Luis...haven't been to Burning Man in 3 years...seems like longer. Last time I went alone like a retard, and was pretty miserable. I was trying to nurse a broken heart and thought by being a rebel and getting out there it would help...I ended up watching my birthday balloon blow away the minute I got in the gate and accidentally parked in the rave party arena so I never got any sleep. I did manage to meet an English girl named Emily (pictured with me) who was on her overseas experience and it in turn, re-inspired me to do the same. This is when I decided to get serious about travel again, and thus here I am.


Still running most mornings, I bought some new socks and switched to my trail shoes which have helped with ankle issues immensely. I'm also seeing a slow but steady decline in the beer belly and that inspires me even more. I run the Lafayette Reservoir twice, which in essence, is about 5 miles. I am still walking the steep hills, but I am hoping to run the entire thing by the end of the summer.


Off to work in a couple, I have 9 shifts now which seems to be enough. Have managed to chuck a fair amount of scrilla in the bank and am just working to buy some necessary items for Europe. I finally went for my eye exam and will get new glasses and contacts shortly. I also started my Italian refresher course yesterday and I'm happy about that. It's competing with Harry Potter at the mo, re-reading "The Half Blood Prince" so I can be up to snuff when "The Deathly Hallows" arrives on my doorstep July 21st! Yippee! Ciao!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home