My Photo
Name:
Location: San Francisco, Northern Cali

GYPSY: (noun) One inclined to a nomadic, unconventional way of life. The first time I traveled alone I was 4. My mom pinned a note to my dress then put me on a plane from Atlanta to L.A. to visit my dad for the summer. That must have marked the beginning of my insatiable wanderlust because I can't seem to get enough of running away from home. In the mean time, I've spent my life between a career in the media and years in the hospitality industry. My independence has kept me single but that's a part of life when your first love is travel. I've been robbed in Australia and slept on a park bench in Amsterdam, but at the end of the day, I was on the road and that's where I'm most at home.

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Ugh...


Well, well, well...after I've had what seems like 4,148 going-away parties, I'm finally hunkering down and finalizing my plans. There was Vegas, St. Patty's Day (weekend) L.A. more parties, Capitola, the last days at CHOW, moving out of Berkeley, moving out to Modesto, moving in with dad, Craigslisting my dad's stuff out of the garage, organizing my stuff, putting my stuff in bins, putting said bins in closets, doing laundry, more parties, back to dad's, one last deadline for Enhance magazine, article for CC Times, travel section, packing list, packing, last minute errands, A's game, lunches, more good byes...then off to the Mtns. for one last look at my special place...then...okay, I can't breathe. Anyway, I managed to also get my Hep A booster from the lovely Dr. Lorence and now....all I have to do is pack. I can't wait. I'm also trying to get this blog thing looking it's best so I still have lots to do and one week to do it. Back to the grind, more later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home