My Photo
Name:
Location: San Francisco, Northern Cali

GYPSY: (noun) One inclined to a nomadic, unconventional way of life. The first time I traveled alone I was 4. My mom pinned a note to my dress then put me on a plane from Atlanta to L.A. to visit my dad for the summer. That must have marked the beginning of my insatiable wanderlust because I can't seem to get enough of running away from home. In the mean time, I've spent my life between a career in the media and years in the hospitality industry. My independence has kept me single but that's a part of life when your first love is travel. I've been robbed in Australia and slept on a park bench in Amsterdam, but at the end of the day, I was on the road and that's where I'm most at home.

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Post Scotland Depression





Hey all, I'm back in London couch-surfing at Murphy's with two of his friends who are over from Ireland to play a gig tonight. Last night about 16 of us went to see a Dave Matthews acustic show at the Hammersmith Apollo and after, Ultan and John kept us well entertained into the wee smalls. (This usually means John regaling us with tales from his ever-so vivid imagination!) I haven't seen John in over eight year's but the Irish are loyal friends and once again Murphy has made my week with his social planning. After mixing Whisky and a bus full of crazy Aussies for 10 days in Scotland, I'm trying to repair the damages...now it's gallons of water, moisturizer and concentrated injections of Emergen-C! This, while being surrounded by Whisky drinking Irish is the biggest challenge so far on my trip! But in true Murphy fashion, he whipped us up a proper full Irish breakfast made up of bacon, sausage, beans, tomato, toast and eggs.

Tonight we are also going to a screening of a movie short called "The Beholder" which has been accepted at Cannes. Tomorrow I'm catching up with Spikey and Pete, two of my Aussie mates from the Haggis tour for Pictionary night and no doubt a few pints! I am, however, going to spin my tales of Scotland by tomorrow, so I will let you all know when that is posted and I should have a bonified photo uploaded as well. Sorry it has taken me so long to post, but I'll do my best for tomorrow. I have laundry to do anyway. That is, if I survive another night with the Irish! For more information on the movie, go to www.bounderandcad.com


LATERS!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home