My Photo
Name:
Location: San Francisco, Northern Cali

GYPSY: (noun) One inclined to a nomadic, unconventional way of life. The first time I traveled alone I was 4. My mom pinned a note to my dress then put me on a plane from Atlanta to L.A. to visit my dad for the summer. That must have marked the beginning of my insatiable wanderlust because I can't seem to get enough of running away from home. In the mean time, I've spent my life between a career in the media and years in the hospitality industry. My independence has kept me single but that's a part of life when your first love is travel. I've been robbed in Australia and slept on a park bench in Amsterdam, but at the end of the day, I was on the road and that's where I'm most at home.

Friday, April 28, 2006

Groggy...but Soooo Happy!


Well, I woke up at noon today, which is a bit better than my 2 O'clock rising yesterday. I'm still trying to get acclamated to the time and I don't want to spend my entire trip snoozing the days away. Murphy and I have been invited to a movie screening but I think I am going to pass and go to bed early so I can get up early and start the day fresh. We have a long day of Rugby, BBQ and then a party into the night, so I'm sitting this one out. We are having another house guest from the States who will be here all summer while Murphy is in Ireland. Paul arrives from Boston tomorrow and anyone from Beantown is a friend of mine. I am also going to be ducking in and out of the house all summer while I run around the continent. Speaking of, I found this great backpacker tour company called BUSABOUT which basically takes travelers all over Europe, books the hostel and then picks you up at your leisure! I think it is the same concept as OZ EXPERIENCE, which worked wonders for me when I was in Australia. I'm going to their office on Tuesday to book my trip. For more information on Busabout, go to www.busabout.com
Laters!

2 Comments:

Blogger the gypsy girl said...

Gina,

I'm glad you are having a super time! Please let me know when you get your package I sent this past Thursday morning! Also you left a light violet colored lock here. It fell out of the sheets when I was taking them off to wash! Do you want me to send it to you or just leave it here until the next time you are in Florida? MaMa

April 29, 2006  
Blogger the gypsy girl said...

What a strange blog! I tried to sign in and it signed in as you Gina. It must be the electricity inside of me! LOL

Love, your MaMa

April 29, 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home