My Photo
Name:
Location: San Francisco, Northern Cali

GYPSY: (noun) One inclined to a nomadic, unconventional way of life. The first time I traveled alone I was 4. My mom pinned a note to my dress then put me on a plane from Atlanta to L.A. to visit my dad for the summer. That must have marked the beginning of my insatiable wanderlust because I can't seem to get enough of running away from home. In the mean time, I've spent my life between a career in the media and years in the hospitality industry. My independence has kept me single but that's a part of life when your first love is travel. I've been robbed in Australia and slept on a park bench in Amsterdam, but at the end of the day, I was on the road and that's where I'm most at home.

Monday, August 07, 2006

San Sebass



Well, here I sit in an internet cafe´in San Sebastian, the Basque region of Spain and the last 15 days have been a crazy ride. Barcelona was a blur, should have stayed longer, Valencia was amazing and Madrid was also a blur...so much night life and tapas! This is by far my favorite and I could live here easily. The town itself is surrounded by three beaches, each with a view of small mountains and a statue of Jesus like in Rio. It was sunny the first two days and now it has been raining since yesterday. I slept on the beach one night with a bunch of French people and it was perhaps the most amazing night time view I have had in weeks. I wish I had the temerity to keep writing but there is a whole town out there to visit and since I leave tomorrow I want to go and have a last look. The people are amazing , the pinchos are incredible and the fresh hard cider is not to be missed. Tonight I am going to eat these pinchos (tapas) until I burst and since there are more bars and restaurants per capita here than anywhere in Europe, it won´t be a problem. Ta for now, sorry I have been the lame blogger, but duty calls. At least I have taken notes and will try to update in Paris, but the keyboards are a nightmare so I don´t know how that will go. I tell you though, you will lose me again in Ireland. That´s just how it goes. LATERS!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home