My Photo
Name:
Location: San Francisco, Northern Cali

GYPSY: (noun) One inclined to a nomadic, unconventional way of life. The first time I traveled alone I was 4. My mom pinned a note to my dress then put me on a plane from Atlanta to L.A. to visit my dad for the summer. That must have marked the beginning of my insatiable wanderlust because I can't seem to get enough of running away from home. In the mean time, I've spent my life between a career in the media and years in the hospitality industry. My independence has kept me single but that's a part of life when your first love is travel. I've been robbed in Australia and slept on a park bench in Amsterdam, but at the end of the day, I was on the road and that's where I'm most at home.

Wednesday, July 18, 2007

"G" is for Gandhi...


Well, I wouldn't call myself Gandhi just yet. In fact, never, but my alter-ego "G-ho" is on hiatus for now. Believe it or not, this certified party girl has decided to live a life of celibacy, sobriety, and piety. hahahah, forget that last one, that'll never happen...but suffice to say the miles of running every morning have done something to my brain and I am a certified nerd. No boys at all (get up off the floor...) so I am about as sexually active as a condom in a nunnery. It's best for now, just on a break. It's not so much my crush on the beautiful one, it's just I am waiting for someone cool...I guess. As for the booze, I'm trying to lose the beer gut and the hangover isn't good for the running. Suffice to say, I'm getting strong and lean and by the time I hit the Playa, will be looking better than I have in a long time. I can't make any promises about kissing cute boys there, but I can at least say that it will be worth the wait! Still working like a crazy girl, in-between shifts right now...it's been about a week since I've heard from Mr. "E" and I am convinced he likes to do this to make me insane. It's usually just about the time I am ready to give up on him that he contacts me. Little shit. Shit shit shit. It's okay, there are plenty of cute boys in Italy to play with...trust me. Off to study my italian...bed early tonight, after a long bath in lavender, sea salts and cream.. Ciao!
This picture was taken in Athens, just after I was scolded for taking photos of the chicken little near the acropolis...wow what a beer gut! IT'S GONE NOW! YYEEHAAWWWWWW!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home