My Photo
Name:
Location: San Francisco, Northern Cali

GYPSY: (noun) One inclined to a nomadic, unconventional way of life. The first time I traveled alone I was 4. My mom pinned a note to my dress then put me on a plane from Atlanta to L.A. to visit my dad for the summer. That must have marked the beginning of my insatiable wanderlust because I can't seem to get enough of running away from home. In the mean time, I've spent my life between a career in the media and years in the hospitality industry. My independence has kept me single but that's a part of life when your first love is travel. I've been robbed in Australia and slept on a park bench in Amsterdam, but at the end of the day, I was on the road and that's where I'm most at home.

Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Rooms with a View






This first photo is of what I see every morning when I wake up. Of course, it varies based on the amount of fog that is hanging over the city, but that's what I love. I literally open my eyes, pop-up and smile. I still keep pinching myself. I can't believe this is where I actually live. OMG! Yesterday, I woke up and took my laundry around the corner to the Missing Sock laundry mat, practically in my pajamas, and did 5 loads in one hour. I walked to Union Square and bought some new ties for work. I hopped on the cable car, stopped at a market and bought dinner. Came home, bleached my Chuck Taylors, watched VH-1's top 1oo songs of the 90's...(that was a great trip down memory lane...) then I walked to another market to get salad supplies, and made a beautiful bone-in pork chop on my George Foreman grill. Finished the laundry while I watched the sunset over the Golden Gate Bridge from my living room (and if I look to the right I can see Koit Tower) did the dishes looking over the Presidio, walked over to Swenson's for a cup of chocolate chip cookie dough, took a long hot bath to the sounds of the cable car passing-by, said goodnight to my fish Ace and Gary then went to bed looking out at Sutro Tower. What a difference a year makes....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home