My Photo
Name:
Location: San Francisco, Northern Cali

GYPSY: (noun) One inclined to a nomadic, unconventional way of life. The first time I traveled alone I was 4. My mom pinned a note to my dress then put me on a plane from Atlanta to L.A. to visit my dad for the summer. That must have marked the beginning of my insatiable wanderlust because I can't seem to get enough of running away from home. In the mean time, I've spent my life between a career in the media and years in the hospitality industry. My independence has kept me single but that's a part of life when your first love is travel. I've been robbed in Australia and slept on a park bench in Amsterdam, but at the end of the day, I was on the road and that's where I'm most at home.

Friday, February 29, 2008

One -thousand, six-hundred and seventy....









Dollars. That's the amount of the check I just wrote to pay-off my DUI fine.




Twenty-Two. The days since I have abstained from alcoholic beverages.




Four. This represents how many classes I have left to fufill my mandatory alcohol awareness program.




One. The sigh of relief I am saving up for, as I wait to exhale.




Zero. The number of tears I have shed during the last few weeks.




Wow...things are looking pretty bright and of course, I am extremely superstitious, so I don't want to jinx this. There are way to many Muni Buses and mini-coopers running rampant in this city to catch myself off-guard. However, the clarity of mind, the joining of the gym, the steady work...is allowing me to find the kick-ass girl inside me who has been missing for a few years. Leading me to my new favorite number: #41. The year my life begins.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gina, email me sometime.

Tia

emailfortia@yahoo.com

March 28, 2008  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home