My Photo
Name:
Location: San Francisco, Northern Cali

GYPSY: (noun) One inclined to a nomadic, unconventional way of life. The first time I traveled alone I was 4. My mom pinned a note to my dress then put me on a plane from Atlanta to L.A. to visit my dad for the summer. That must have marked the beginning of my insatiable wanderlust because I can't seem to get enough of running away from home. In the mean time, I've spent my life between a career in the media and years in the hospitality industry. My independence has kept me single but that's a part of life when your first love is travel. I've been robbed in Australia and slept on a park bench in Amsterdam, but at the end of the day, I was on the road and that's where I'm most at home.

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

"In Murphy We Trust"



...or is it the universe? Geeze, I'm almost 40 years old and I still can't manage to trust the damn universe!!! It will provide. So will Murphy. After me completely fretting (and feeling utterly sorry for myself to no avail) Murphy has come through and I will be going to meet him in Galway after all! It will be a glamourous day of picking up posters, collecting C.D.'s from a manufacturer in Limerick and then packing up the band so we can camp on the side of the road and head into the Electric Picnic! I think it will be lovely, and much better than sitting here in Dublin, crying into my Guinness. Speaking of Dublin, so much has changed since I was here last, it's way more expensive, people are too serious and frankly, it's now just like any big city. To think I came all the way here to meet every Spaniard that ever lived! That's right! All of Spain is here in Dublin on holiday. Ugh. I am going to spend the day regrouping, finding bus stops, organzing my accomodations, changing my accomodations, and basically trying to pull my head out so I can get ready for the 3 hour bus ride to Galway tomorrow.

Another crazy thing that happened yesterday, as I was on my way from Paris to Dublin, one of my favorite Reggae bands, "Israel Vibrations" came in and were on the same plane as me! I am going to see them tonight at Crawdaddy's here in Dublin. Wow. I was agog like some crazy groupie, but to thier credit, they travel like the regular folk, despite their having to do so with the remenants of polio, walking on steel crutches.

Also, on another note, I was informed today that the Celtic Cross tattoo I wanted for my 40th will not happen. "Too small," they said. Well, that's cool. I'll go ahead with another one as planned, but it will have to wait until I get to Berlin again, because they are well known for being safe and clean and reletively cheap. Prague is a no-go. Don't trust the sanitation....

Okay, well off to continue the re-group, going to take a break and have a pint of Guinness, then make a home made dinner in the fabulous kitchen here at Barnacles, then play tourist for a couple of hours in trendy DUB-town. LATERS!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home