My Photo
Name:
Location: San Francisco, Northern Cali

GYPSY: (noun) One inclined to a nomadic, unconventional way of life. The first time I traveled alone I was 4. My mom pinned a note to my dress then put me on a plane from Atlanta to L.A. to visit my dad for the summer. That must have marked the beginning of my insatiable wanderlust because I can't seem to get enough of running away from home. In the mean time, I've spent my life between a career in the media and years in the hospitality industry. My independence has kept me single but that's a part of life when your first love is travel. I've been robbed in Australia and slept on a park bench in Amsterdam, but at the end of the day, I was on the road and that's where I'm most at home.

Friday, November 03, 2006

Back In London...





Here once again at Murphy's pad in Streatham and now sharing the flat with Dan Harris, who went to uni with Bernie and Paul Schumway, who was an original back in the Spring. I have set up camp in the dining room, on the futon with every blanket and sleeping bag piles on top of me.

I was hoping to blog my little heart out here for the next couple of weeks, but Dan is living here and running his computer design company from this office, so it looks like I will have to wait until I get home. Which, sadly, will be in the next few weeks. Ugh. Can't believe it.

I spent some time in Amsterdam, a night in Berlin, and 10 days in Prague where I was looking into taking a TEFL course. This is a Teaching English as a Foreign Language class that gives one a certificate to teach English anywhere in the world. So, I will go home, work, sort out some issues and then head back ASAP. The Busabout thing never materialized, couldn't get a Visa and at the end of the day, the people who worked there were kind of cliquie and snobby and I didn't want to join that kind of group. It's a long story, but I will say that there were a few guides and drivers that I just loved and I won't forget how nice they were to me. Best to get off the bus anyway, and start something fresh and on my own.

I am off to Oxford for a couple of days to meet up with a friend I met in Amsterdam. Should be spliffy! I am trying to see some of the English countryside before I take off and next weekend I am supposed to go to Bournemouth to visit my friend Penthouse Pete who is a lifeguard trainer dude. He's a right crack, that one.

Okay, must get my beauty rest, tomorrow is a travel day! LATERS!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home