My Photo
Name:
Location: San Francisco, Northern Cali

GYPSY: (noun) One inclined to a nomadic, unconventional way of life. The first time I traveled alone I was 4. My mom pinned a note to my dress then put me on a plane from Atlanta to L.A. to visit my dad for the summer. That must have marked the beginning of my insatiable wanderlust because I can't seem to get enough of running away from home. In the mean time, I've spent my life between a career in the media and years in the hospitality industry. My independence has kept me single but that's a part of life when your first love is travel. I've been robbed in Australia and slept on a park bench in Amsterdam, but at the end of the day, I was on the road and that's where I'm most at home.

Monday, October 02, 2006

Venezia

Here I am back in Venice after 2 weeks in the Greek Islands. Still perving on the Gondo's, loving Italy and getting ready for Rome. My Italian gets better with each passing day and I fear that I will never want to leave this magical place...ever!

Suffice to say that my posting has been lackluster at best, I am completely exhausted, mentally drained and my money is running out faster than a keg at a frat party. Alas, I will have to get home sooner than expected, but will stay in London at Chez Murphy while I go through interviews with Busabout and plan the next phase of travel. I assure you all, there will be a next phase and if I get get a UK back account, somehow, I will be able to work for this company which will make me extrememly happy. If not, I will figure something else out. Always do.

Am going to finish with Italy in about 2 weeks, then head back to the North, where I plan to conquer Amsterdam properly...injury-free...then back to Berlin to say hi to Om and the Bayer-Phfol family...then back to Prague to say hello and goodbye to friends, look into work there in case Busabout falls flat, then back to London to crash the year-end party in Shepard's Bush and wait around for interviews. Also going to try to head to Bournemouth and Sheffield to see more of the UK and then, with head down and tail between my legs, will head back to San Fransisco where I will sit in Chow for 3 days, eating everything on the menu. Go Oakland, BTW, just finally looked at the standings. Wow, a whole season without baseball, who would have thunk.

Greece was amazing, I met the most incredible bunch of people, mostly Aussies, and my new BFF named Amber...I love her, she is only 21 but we were somehow separated at birth. Love you Bitchy...miss you tons.

Off to perve for one last time at my Gondo's, I would marry one if I could. Met one named Eros, the skinny dipper guy, what a sweetheart. Alas, he is off in China at the freaking world canooìe championships. Life on the road is crazy, fleeting and difficult at times, but I wouldn't have it any other way. LATERS!....ciao.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gina,
It's been great following your adventures. I used to listen to you on the radio in San Fran and have met you once; I can picture you in the stories you tell. Glad you're having fun. I'm stuck here in Iowa and my spirit is screaming to hit the road!
Thanks for sharing your adventure and I do hope you get to return next year.
Have fun!
mark

November 16, 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home