My Photo
Name:
Location: San Francisco, Northern Cali

GYPSY: (noun) One inclined to a nomadic, unconventional way of life. The first time I traveled alone I was 4. My mom pinned a note to my dress then put me on a plane from Atlanta to L.A. to visit my dad for the summer. That must have marked the beginning of my insatiable wanderlust because I can't seem to get enough of running away from home. In the mean time, I've spent my life between a career in the media and years in the hospitality industry. My independence has kept me single but that's a part of life when your first love is travel. I've been robbed in Australia and slept on a park bench in Amsterdam, but at the end of the day, I was on the road and that's where I'm most at home.

Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Back in Cali


Can't believe it..seems so surreal. I'm officially back in California, sitting at my dad's computer in the office, in Ripon, in Cali. I don't really know what I think of it all, but it's reality and it bites.
Not that it isn't great to see dad. It is. My sister Kate seems fine, she is actually going to school these days which is dandy. I stayed at Melissa's house with her hubby and kids Monday and Monday night, went to the CHOW Christmas party. That was a hoot, always is. It was great to see everyone again and the usual fan fare of crotch-grabbing, ass-slapping and tongue-shoving was ever-present. Ah, I miss those days. Sort of. Would rather be traveling.
I've had a bit of a rude-awakening with a stupid credit card situation, but basically I opened a credit card with United Airlines so I could charge and get credit for future flights. Turns out, I had a balance of about $20 left after I paid the flight off. Of course, I never looked on line to see what was up, so they sent notices, late fees and various other crappy news and then closed my card. GREAT! I haven't had a stupid credit card for 10 years and now I have a blemish on my credit report. Anyway, yet another valuable lesson learned. The second lesson is that I should have canceled my Cingular account last Spring and entered the world of pay-as-you-go SIM cards. Lastly, I should have gone with my guts and bought my round-trip ticket for December as I originally wanted. Instead, I had to buy a whole new one. These little lessons have cost me about $1000. Oh well. Live and keep learning.
Today I have to get my car up and running, keep unpacking and re-pack for a weekend in Vegas. Vegas you ask? How can I afford Vegas? Well...I can't. I was going to take some cash out of said United Miles Plus card, so I have absolutely no idea how I am going to manage Vegas. At least my plane ticket is all sorted and I have shampoo, toothpaste and face cream. Slap a sexy little number on, tote the hip-flask and I am all set! It's Lori's birthday this week, and she is a big Vegas girl, so that is the point of party. Will let all hang loose this weekend and then most likely start working next week. Ugh. Not that I mind working, but I don't know where to live, where to work, etc. Anyway, will just chill this weekend and then start thinking about it. Need to also work on my CV. So, with all that said, I guess I should stop blogging and get my ass on the phone! LATERS!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home