My Photo
Name:
Location: San Francisco, Northern Cali

GYPSY: (noun) One inclined to a nomadic, unconventional way of life. The first time I traveled alone I was 4. My mom pinned a note to my dress then put me on a plane from Atlanta to L.A. to visit my dad for the summer. That must have marked the beginning of my insatiable wanderlust because I can't seem to get enough of running away from home. In the mean time, I've spent my life between a career in the media and years in the hospitality industry. My independence has kept me single but that's a part of life when your first love is travel. I've been robbed in Australia and slept on a park bench in Amsterdam, but at the end of the day, I was on the road and that's where I'm most at home.

Thursday, December 21, 2006

Back to Reality



Ugh. The dreaded "R" word has crept up and taken a bite out of my arse. Oddly, I am back in crazy work mode and ready to get down to business. Just landed a great restaurant gig at a great little place called "The Peasant and the Pear," in Danville. www.thepeasantandthepear.com

For those friends who are not from the San Francisco Bay Area, Danville is a very quaint little town about 35 miles east of SF, about 10 minutes from where I grew up, went to high school, lived, worked, etc. I actually had a stint as a server at a place called Fat Fanny's when I was about 19 or 20 and have worked all around this area in various establishments while I pursued my illustrious (ha!) career in the media. Now, I'm back to the grind, hoping to save for my next travel adventure and make some contacts for leading tours through Europe. I also have a couple of house sitting gigs and will be moving into a condo on January 15th with a supermodel named Lisa. (Okay, she isn't really a model, but she should be!) So, the only task I have left to complete is getting a second job during the day, which I hope will be CHOW since I know the menu and have basically trained almost everyone that works there. The shifts will be the hell ones, Sat/Sun brunch and hopefully Thurs/Friday a.m. as well, but who knows. They have been slow to get back to me which is understandable, since the holidays can be murder around there. If they can't manage to get me some shifts soon, I will have to offer my services elsewhere.

So, that is that. A little Christmas with dad and Kate, a little housesitting, working New Year's Eve, taking care of various animals and quickly having no social life to speak of. No bother, I just spent the last 9 months having enough social life for 18 people. LATERS!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home