My Photo
Name:
Location: San Francisco, Northern Cali

GYPSY: (noun) One inclined to a nomadic, unconventional way of life. The first time I traveled alone I was 4. My mom pinned a note to my dress then put me on a plane from Atlanta to L.A. to visit my dad for the summer. That must have marked the beginning of my insatiable wanderlust because I can't seem to get enough of running away from home. In the mean time, I've spent my life between a career in the media and years in the hospitality industry. My independence has kept me single but that's a part of life when your first love is travel. I've been robbed in Australia and slept on a park bench in Amsterdam, but at the end of the day, I was on the road and that's where I'm most at home.

Friday, July 04, 2008

Sleepy 4th..

Ugh, I'm exhausted. We've had a little shake-up at work so I am pulling double-duty/10 hour days and still working at the wine bar this Saturday and Sunday. No worries, it's still relatively profitable even though everyone has left town for the hills or some such thing. I think I might have to close tonight again, after opening of course, but if I get out on time I can scoot to the top of Vallejo Street and watch the fireworks over the Ferry Building. If not, I will crawl into bed and sleep until I have to be at work tomorrow morning for my 14-hour Saturday. Sunday morning will probably be dead, but then again most people that stayed here in town will be hungover and in need of some serious soakage. I'm going to hang on to the Ottimista job for a few months so I can pack away some money for travel. I'm going to open a second account strictly for savings, so I have the travel one that I can see building and then the second one for a nest egg. Anyway, so as not to go completely mad I am also going to take every-other Sunday off starting this fall so I can enjoy a 3-day weekend twice a month. I want to enjoy my time and money as well, and living in this amazing apartment in this beautiful city it's practically mandatory.

The decorating is slow-going, mainly because Alexi and I are still getting through the basics of cleaning and organizing. We also want to have a big housewarming/BBQ soon but not until we get the place in order. I really want to paint, but I'm not sure that is allowed. I can't see why the landlord would hate free home-improving, but who knows. Also still need to start planning for Burning Man.

I've scheduled a facial for this morning and trying out a new place called Rosewater on Union Street. That should at least get me through the weekend and help me relax for a couple of hours. Have a safe weekend and don't even THINK about getting in your car after drinking!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home