My Photo
Name:
Location: San Francisco, Northern Cali

GYPSY: (noun) One inclined to a nomadic, unconventional way of life. The first time I traveled alone I was 4. My mom pinned a note to my dress then put me on a plane from Atlanta to L.A. to visit my dad for the summer. That must have marked the beginning of my insatiable wanderlust because I can't seem to get enough of running away from home. In the mean time, I've spent my life between a career in the media and years in the hospitality industry. My independence has kept me single but that's a part of life when your first love is travel. I've been robbed in Australia and slept on a park bench in Amsterdam, but at the end of the day, I was on the road and that's where I'm most at home.

Monday, November 19, 2007

Wine Girl...


...okay, not really. But, since my last blog I am pleased to report that although I didn't ace it, I passed my wine exam. I think I may have "over-studied" because I knew way more than was asked, but I didn't know some key elements. Now that I have taken my first test, I will know what to study for next time. BUT! The best part about the exam, was after the written element, Don gave us a blind tasting of three wines and I was the only one to guess any correctly. I got 2 out of 3, and no one else did. Wow, I felt like I kicked some serious ass because I'm still not sure if they are really diggin' me there. We'll see.


This week, I am studying Tuscany and my head already hurts from exhaustion. Again, a new skill set. After this, I will be able to go into any Italian bistro and talk to my guests about Vino Italiano...that is, if I can impress the manager who does the interview. I am going to start looking for a second job soon, and haven't decided whether I want to stay in the same style of restaurant, or take the easy route and get myself to a tavern. Time will tell, I still have to finish my DUI crap (more on that later) and then settle in to my new life here, working 2 jobs, saving and trying to make back the money I have sqaundered on partying and my DUI.




Won't be doing much for Thanksgiving, doesn't really matter I guess. I got invited to an orphans dinner by one of the bartenders from work, but there will likely be drinking involved and it doesn't really interest me. There are a couple of places here in town that offer a Turkey Dinner, like Perry's on Union Street or the Bell Tower on Polk...but how sad that I would show up alone, so I might just volunteer at a soup kitchen or go to the Sunrise Ceremony on Alcatraz. I might just go down to the Wharf and watch the sunrise anyway, and reflect on all things for which I am thankful. For sure, I am thankful that I didn't lose my mind this year...although I came quite close. I'm thankful that I haven't gone off the deep end...and that my heart, head and body seem to be in one piece. I'm thankful that I have friends who love me, miss me and still keep in touch with me, even though I have chosen to go through the bridge and across the tunnel to find a new life in San Francisco. And, of course, I'm thankful that I still have both of my parents and I know they love me very much.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home