My Photo
Name:
Location: San Francisco, Northern Cali

GYPSY: (noun) One inclined to a nomadic, unconventional way of life. The first time I traveled alone I was 4. My mom pinned a note to my dress then put me on a plane from Atlanta to L.A. to visit my dad for the summer. That must have marked the beginning of my insatiable wanderlust because I can't seem to get enough of running away from home. In the mean time, I've spent my life between a career in the media and years in the hospitality industry. My independence has kept me single but that's a part of life when your first love is travel. I've been robbed in Australia and slept on a park bench in Amsterdam, but at the end of the day, I was on the road and that's where I'm most at home.

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Executive Decision...


SEAN AND LEO


Well gang, the time has come for me to re-group and alter my plans. Because of unforseen events, namely what I will forever refer to as the "Tango Incident," I will not be returning to England to see Damian Marley as originally planned. However, I believe my new found plan will be much more enriching and frankly was meant to be. See, traveling is all about the entire experience, so if you have setbacks you have 2 choices. You can sit there and feel completely sorry for yourself, or you can treat it as a path that you may not have normally followed. (I did, admittedly, have moments of total self-pity, but it didn' last too long!)

Now, I will be spending the next 6 weeks in Germany, or thereabouts, and will end here in Berlin with the Love Parade. And as luck would have it, Damian is playing here in Berlin on July 6th. Thank goodness I have booked accomodation in this fabulous hostel called CITYSTAY right near the big TV tower, very central but quiet. So, I will be here for the world cup final, hopefully staying with Carmen and Chad's cousin Carla and her family. I will go from here to Prague, then to Austria, on to Munich, Strassbourg and then hopefully my dear friend Frau Simone Mueller will hook me up with some relative, otherwise I am thinking about going to Budapest by train and then on to Warsaw, Poland. Flights are cheap! Okay, so there it is but Liverpool Sean's friend Leo just showed up and we are going out clubbing tonight. (Well, I'm hobbling, they are clubbing but at least there will be some cool underground music! Whoo Hoo!

I've been convalescing all day, trying not let my energetic mind talk my bruised body into running around like a fool and so far so good. Sorry I can't post photos, can' figure out how to work this bloody euro computer. Oh well, I guess it's time for a beer! LATERS!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, it's your cousin Joe from Idaho. I was in Sumter County and your mom hooked me up with your blog. Sorry to hear about Damien, I'm sure it would have been a good show. I once saw Ziggy and friends in Boston, it was fun. Anyway, just wanted to wish you all the best on your Europhilia and I hope I'll get to see you soon. Ever been to Portland, Oregon?

June 04, 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home