My Photo
Name:
Location: San Francisco, Northern Cali

GYPSY: (noun) One inclined to a nomadic, unconventional way of life. The first time I traveled alone I was 4. My mom pinned a note to my dress then put me on a plane from Atlanta to L.A. to visit my dad for the summer. That must have marked the beginning of my insatiable wanderlust because I can't seem to get enough of running away from home. In the mean time, I've spent my life between a career in the media and years in the hospitality industry. My independence has kept me single but that's a part of life when your first love is travel. I've been robbed in Australia and slept on a park bench in Amsterdam, but at the end of the day, I was on the road and that's where I'm most at home.

Thursday, May 25, 2006

First Minor Setback



BRUGGES TOWN SQUARE

UGH...

Well folks, I've had my first little setback of my trip! Turns out that my shoulder is a lot more messed up than I originally thought so I am kind of incapacited at the moment and can't take my long dreamed of bike trip to the sea. I may still be able to do it tomorrow, as the bus to Amsterdam isn't due to arrive until 1 p.m. and bike rentals start at 8, so if I play my cards right and just keep my shoulder rested, I still have hope that it will be fine. See, Andy from Oregon is the son of a pharmacist, so he gave me some pain killers so help ease the stress but it ended up giving me a false sense of security and I just ran around like nothing happened. Now that I am living al fresco, I realized that I should have just gone to the pharmacy and bought a sling, slinged it up and then it would have healed properly. Hey, but live and learn. I would have done the Tango all over again at the top of the Sacre Couer because that is stuff of legend, I just would have rested my shoulder instead of cooking pasta dinners and running up stairs.

Today is a holiday here, something about the march of the blood of Christ. I guess there is supposed to be a bit of cloth from the Crucifixion at the Church here is town. Gran, this will be where I buy your rosary. Then, mom can come over and "borrow" it. He hehehehe. Sorry, inside joke. I will buy you both one! So, I am going to be a good blogger and sit in the town square and take notes and photos and try to blog tomorrow, unless I can take that bike ride. Otherwise, you will all have to wait until Berlin because I am going to get absolutely NOTHING done in Amsterdam. That is a guarantee. LATERS!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home