My Photo
Name:
Location: San Francisco, Northern Cali

GYPSY: (noun) One inclined to a nomadic, unconventional way of life. The first time I traveled alone I was 4. My mom pinned a note to my dress then put me on a plane from Atlanta to L.A. to visit my dad for the summer. That must have marked the beginning of my insatiable wanderlust because I can't seem to get enough of running away from home. In the mean time, I've spent my life between a career in the media and years in the hospitality industry. My independence has kept me single but that's a part of life when your first love is travel. I've been robbed in Australia and slept on a park bench in Amsterdam, but at the end of the day, I was on the road and that's where I'm most at home.

Monday, May 29, 2006

The Gimp Returns



AMSTERDAM


Hello all! Just a brief note to let you know I arrived safe and sort of sound here in Berlin. I am going to try and take the next couple of days to rest my shoulder and back and then I can enjoy Prague. I am coming back to Berlin in July for 10 days so I'm not having a complete heart attack at not being able to go clubbing tonight, which is basically all I've wanted to do for about...8 years.
The little minor physical setback is just a way of telling me that I am not immortal and sometimes when one has to slow down physically, she gets a whole new spiritual and intellectual experience. (I have a tendency to run every where...so hobbling through Amsterdam was quite an experience!)

These keyboards are quite difficult to navigate so the crux of the Busabout Northern Loop may be done from Murphy's house, but I will try at least to post while I'm here. Also, this is especially for Uncle Jack and any journalists reading this, sorry for spelling errors when I am in a crunch with time, it's tough on these little freaky euro keyboards! LATERS!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home